From:
Candi Gerritson <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 27 Feb 2002 15:59:14 EST
I would like to put my two cents in on this subject.  I run Dooks and
Crooks Ferret Rescue here in Ames.  I also own a Westhighland Terrier
named Charlie.  Charlie was brought into our house at 10 weeks old.  He
has literally grown up with ferrets at his feet.  Our little Charlie would
not hurt a flea let alone his only other animal play mate.  Now my point
is this, not every terrier has the want to kill small animals.  I believe
with caution, education, socialization and training a young terrier can
be introduced to live with ferrets.  I would never leave any animal alone
with my ferrets, that is just being smart, but I let my terrier, Charlie
in the playroom when I am in there too.  He loves playing with the ferrets
in the tubes and sharing a treat of Furo-Tone too.

That is just my two cents,
thanks Candi