From:
Anonymous Poster <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 21 May 1999 21:34:22 -0000
Sorry, I haven't been reading the FML lately, so I don't know if this has
been brought up before.  If so, I do appologize.

Anyways, my ferret was diagnosed with an adrenal tumor a little over a year
ago.  He was in pretty bad shape and after surgery, he recovered really
quick and he was ok until now.  He started a little bald spot on his behind
again and after taking him to the vet and extensive lab work, the vet
decided that the tumor is back again.  Problem is, he is over 8 years old
and she doesn't want to open him up again, she doesn't think he would make
it.  So she suggested this new treatment with Lupron which I read about in
Modern Ferret, but I don't know of anybody that has had any experience with
it.  Is this a daily treatment or a one time treatment?  Does it seem to
work for anybody?  I know the article said that they had a good success
rate, but is there anybody in the ferret world, like you good people, that
had it used on their ferret?  I would appreciate to get any information on
this, my vet wants to start him on it next week.  Also, is it very
expensive?

Sorry that I can't post my address, but I live in CA and I wouldn't want
anybody finding me from this post.  Any answers posted on the FML would
be appreciated.

Thanks in advance,

Anxious in CA