From:
Anonymous Poster <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 18 Sep 1999 07:55:32 -0700
I just wanted to share a cute story with everyone.  This is actually
something that happened several years ago.  For some reason, though, I
was reminded of it again yesterday, and I still find it hysterical.  Many
years ago I brought my little ones home to my parents' house for Christmas.
Among our many Christmas presents was a bouncy ball.  It was a big black
ball with colorful rubber bumpers all around the surface and a motor
inside.  When we pushed a switch, the motor would turn on and the ball
would happily bounce back and forth in all different directions.  The
ferrets played with the bouncy ball for maybe a minute or so before tiring
of it.  (Isn't that always the way it is with children?  They'd rather play
with the box and the wrapping paper!) Anyway, a few days after Christmas,
once all the toys had been put away, my father heard a horrible banging and
bashing sound coming from one of the bedrooms.  He ran into the bedroom
only to find... one rather confused looking ferret and one working bouncy
ball *on the top shelf of the closet* crashing into walls and closet
doors!!  We still have no idea how or why the little guy got all the way up
there, or why he decided that turning on the bouncy ball was a good idea.
Maybe he figured that if the toy was so precious as to be hidden all the
way on the top of the closet, it must be a fun thing to play with after
all.  Or maybe he wandered up to the top of the closet, found that he
couldn't get down again, and decided to call for help by creating a ruckus.

Dooks!
Julie and the Fur Woozles