From:
Susie Sherman <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 25 May 1997 19:43:54 +0100
>Date:    Sat, 24 May 1997 08:37:20 -0400
>From:    Alicia K Drakiotes <[log in to unmask]>
>write regarding Galaxy-D vaccine, which is being used more frequently in the
>ferret community for vaccinations against canine distemper, ... to consider
>a multiple vaccine alternative ( I wouldn't pursue that route myself).

Alicia,

I have not heard the statement before that Galaxy-D is used more than
FerVac.  Could you please send me the references that you based this
statement on?  I would love to add them to my files.

I have a vested interest in this as Casper's disease could have been caused
by distemper.  Although this is only one of the possible causes and the
proof of the cause will never be found.  (Remember we talked about Casper at
the HSUS show in Orlando?)

I also know that Dr Kemmerer was concerned that Casper had been improperly
vaccinated previously with a multi-valent dog vaccine - the DHLP combo -
because Casper's syringomelia was the kind of problem pathologists had
warned her about.  Casper was properly vaccinated with FerVac by our
previous vet and that cause was ruled out.  But I wonder, is this the
"multiple vaccine alternative" that you talked about?

Happy ferreting!

Susie

PS: Alicia (and Trish), I hope to see you in Orlando in January!!