From:
Tina McFeaters <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 25 Oct 2003 07:37:49 EDT
Hi, my name is Gabriella, that is what my hooman mommy calls me anyway.
I just wanted to let everyone know that I got a new home.  See I used to
live in this horrible garage.  I did not have food or water for lots of
days and I never got to run and play.  Then one day a wonderful lady by
the name of Barb Clay came and told us that we were being abused and that
she was going to take us away from that awful woman D.B.  Well, we went
to this place that was really neat.  We got to play everyday and we had
food and water all the time.  Now to the best part of this story.

Last week, I think it was a Saturday.  My shelter Mommy she had a big
party for ferret lovers.  She told us that maybe we would find a new home
with some of the people that were at the party.  So, I just knew I had to
find a new mommy.  I had it all planned out.  I just did not want to pick
any old mommy either.  I figured if I was going to go to a forever home
it had to be a good one.  So... I waited and waited and lots of people
came in to look at me, but it just did not seem like that was to be my
mommy.  Finally I saw her and my new daddy.  They walked into the house
we were in and I got up out of my hammock and rattled my cage door.  My
new Mommy and Daddy, came over to me right away and picked me up.  I knew
that if I kissed my new mommy to be, she would take me.  I just knew it.
So..  I combed back my whiskers with my paw and a little spit and got
ready.  Oh it worked.  Mommy did not even look at any other ferrets.  She
told my shelter mommy Barb, that she wanted me and she wanted me now.

That night we went home.  It took a long time to get home.  I think Mommy
said we had to drive to pennsylvania.  On the way home she even stopped
at a place called Burger King and got me a cold glass of water and she
gave me some food.  I had a really fun time.  When we arrived home, I was
so excited and nervous at the same time.  Mommy had more ferrets.  I
wanted to get along so badly that I was on my best behavior.  There is
one girl named Lucy and a boy named Jasper.  He is the boss of me, but I
don't mind a bit because he also treats me really good.

Now, I have a forever home, and I have a play room with lots of toys and
dark tunnels to run through.  The only problem I am having is that I am
poofing in my sleep.  Mommy says it is nightmares from my old garage days
and that she is not sure what to do about it.  I made Jasper and Lucy mad
at me because I smelled so bad and made all of Mommy's pretty blankets
that she gives us smell stinky too.  I felt really bad.  Mommy says it
can't be helped and is really nice about it.  She even gave me a bath and
it was really warm and fun.

So, now I have a forever home and I have a brother and sister and a mommy
and daddy that really really loves me.  I feel so lucky but I heard mommy
say that she feels lucky that she got me.  Not sure what that means.  All
I know is that I go to bed at night with a nice soft blanket, two other
ferrets to cuddle with and lots of food and toys and water with me.

Am I dreaming?  I hope not.  Nope Mommy says this is for real and this is
for life.

YAHOOO.....

Gabriella (Ps... Jasper had to help me write this email because I not no
how to use a computer yet.  )