From:
Sandra Fox <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 17 Nov 2003 23:45:37 -0800
I just spent a whirlwind, but pleasant weekend with Alicia and Dino at
Ferret Wise.  The fur kids are so sweet.  Unfortunately, Disney probably
doesn't have much time left.  She is such a wonderful girl, I know she
will be sor missed.  Summer and Salsa went to a new home Sunday, so I'm
sure they are settled in and quite happy now.  Jeremiah almost tricked
me.  I was petting Marie and this little white head came up to within a
few inches like he was wanting attention, too.  I started to reach over
and saw that chocolate spot!  Needless to say, my sense of self
preservation took over and I did n't touch him ;).  He is doing better
now, but I wasn't taking any chances .  Annabelle and Nestle let me pick
them up and give them attention, but quickly wanted down again.  Harry
and Curly are as sweet as ever.  Biscuit was a wired little weasel girl
once she found out I would play with her.  Gravy was a little actor.  He
would flat ferret and look so sad until he got a treat or was picked up.
He acts like he hasn't a friend in the world and needs the extra
attention and food.

All the kids loved the attention (and treats) they got.  It's so good to
see them dancing and playing.  With all the permanent residents it's hard
to spend quality time with each kid.  I really don't know how Alicia
cares for the shelter, the sewing she does and her home.  Dino is a great
help, but, even so, Alicia seldom sleeps.

I brought down *alot* of hammies, sleepers, t-shirts, etc.  for the
December 6 show here in York, PA.  *Please* stop by and buy lots of
stuff.  My poor car was stuffed and I really don't want to have to
repack.  (I know, cheap plug.  But if it works...) The show is also very
close to Alicia's birthday, so send her greetings!  For those that live
near Ferret Wise, the holiday open house is the same day as the show
down here.  Stop in there and support her if you can't make it to York.