From:
Katharine <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 23 Mar 2011 07:38:21 -0400
I think you need to take a step back and think about what you're asking
for. Why would you ask a shelter to "donate" a ferret to make a trade?
If the man accepted, that would mean that he really doesn't care about
the ferret, and you would be sending another ferret into a situation
where it's not loved. Would you be willing to trade one of your ferrets
for another? You might as well be talking about a pair of shoes, not a
living thing. Instead of that route, why doesn't she offer to buy it
back? Either he will agree or he won't. If she can't afford to buy it
back on her own, then she can't afford to take care of it either.

The other thing you need to consider is that the ferret has likely
bonded with its new owner, and it could be creating a bad situation
for the ferret to move it yet again.

I don't think this is a scam. I've been reading of it for many months
also. However, at some point, she needs to move on. She has apparently
taken all legal recourses at her disposal with no luck. I have seen no
mention at all that her ex is abusing or neglecting the ferrets in any
way, just that she wants them back. It seems to me that she needs to
let it go. Clearly, all of the posting on the Internet isn't going to
get them back. I'm not really sure what she hopes to gain. Maybe she
should, instead, begin putting her efforts into helping other needy
ferrets. That may sound harsh, but it's my opinion.

Katharine (who won't be donating any ferrets to the cause)

Florida