From:
Filimena Lowe <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 19 Jan 2004 10:37:30 -0800
>Am I alone in feeling like this or does someone out there share both my
>love for my pets AND my feelings on the movie?

Yes, I love my ferts and I liked the movie.  The ferret might have got
beat up in the movie (common in comedies, like the dog in the body cast
on the roof of the car in Something About Mary) but at least he was a
nice and gentle ferret.

The writer of the movie should be thanked for 1. putting a ferret in
the movie and 2. not making the ferret a vishious character.  This
ferret has more screen time than any ferret in a movie since 1982 (Beast
Master).  If we sent out a lot of hate, he might not put a ferret in
another movie ever again.

The ferret came from a professional animal trainer who supplies animals
to movies.  The ferret was vaccinated and the ferret had a permit (like a
foreigner might get a work permit) to work in Cal and NYC.  You can find
all this out on the American Humane Society's website, where they rate
all the movies with animals in them.

I'm glad Ben said SORRY, too.  He didn't have to do that.  It's better
than nothing.

Fil