From:
Stuart & Susan Wenzel <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 9 Dec 1996 21:05:24 -0600
I'm just curious : do other ferrets picnic, or just the ones who own us?
For several months now, both Tom and Jerill will return to their cage almost
immediately after being let out, grab a piece of food, and head for their
favorite picnic site.  It isn't like we don't feed them enough.  I guess
food really does taste better outside.

They have forced us to become better housekeepers and vacuum more often, as
the whole house is covered with bits and pieces of food.  The under-bed
regions are already filled with toilet paper and paper towel rolls
(carefully split down the seams so nobody's head gets caught), shoes, empty
pill bottles and bottle caps.  Now we have a whole winter's supply of
victuals.  They crack me up.

We put our tree up tonight, without ornaments, just to see what the
fuzzwumpsters would do.  Aside from practically spraining their noses in an
effort to take in the smell, they showed no signs of climbing tendencies.
This is their first Christmas, so time will tell.  I figure, worst case, we
decorate the tree Saturday morning for our party, and undecorate it Sunday
morning so they can have free reign.  We know who runs this household - not
us!

Kisses and snuffles,
 Tom (let me snorkle, Mommy!)
 Jerill (I'm El Grande, give me all your cardboard!)
 Susan and Stuart (where are our shoes?)