From:
Lorraine Tremblay <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 4 Dec 1996 23:25:04 -0500
The only ferret shelter in Quebec, Furet mon ami, has been asked by the city
of Carignan to cease its operation by December 30, 1996.  The city also
asked Mrs. Jeannine Degand to get rid of her own ferrets.  They say the
zoning prohibits a shelter operation.  This shelter has been in operation
since January 1993 and has the status of a registered charity.

I will send a letter to the mayor of Carignan (madame le maire Renee
Legendre) by fax.  The city does not have an e-mail address.  If you would
like to tell the city that this shelter should remain open and extremely
useful to ferret owners and provides mportant information to new owners or
whatever else you think is appropriate in a message written in english or
french: please send me your message by e-mail and I will send it by fax to
the city or print it and mail it with other messages by express mail to the
mayor or send it directly to the city.

City of Carignan
phone: 514-658-1066
fax: 514-658-6079
address: 2555 Ch. Bellevue
        Carignan QC J3L 6G8
        CANADA

To the FML French suscribers: c'est bien madame le maire et non madame la
mairesse. Vous pouvez aussi addresser votre lettre =E0 Jacques Renaud,
Directeur des services tehcniques et de l'am=E9nagement du territoire.

Thank you very much for your time and effort

Lorraine Tremblay, Pepe La Pew, Mukluk, Sanka, Presto, Snoreau and Boum Boum
Ferret Curiosity Shop
"Quality Products for ferret owners and their pets"
e-mail: [log in to unmask]
toll free: 1-888-FCShop6 (1-888-327-4676)