Date:
Sat, 13 Sep 2008 09:08:15 -0400
My first ferret to go on pred got very lethargic on the prednisolone
dose. We lowered her dose and added diaoxide to control her blood
glucose. She did eventually develop what I believe was the "pred belly"
but did well or years. Hope this helps Risa

Diaoxide is expensive, especially when I first ordered through the mail
order service at my old vets (they got a percent). I eventually found
it at two local places
http://local.yahoo.com/info-10144378-animal-pharm-scituate
who ships but also at a local compounding pharmacy. Ask around if
you go this route.

Good luck!