From:
Marilyn Ledoux <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 10 May 2008 21:49:27 -0400
Dear Friends,

Here is the Thank You I posted to the Editor, Robeson Newspaper
in Lumberton, NC letting the people know just what wonderful town
officials they have.

Letters To the Editor

To the people of Lumberton, NC

A very heartfelt "Thank You" to the men and women of the Big Marsh
Volunteer Fire Department, Station 2, EMT's Brian Batton and Natonya
Pulley, Dr. Michael Deese, DVM, Bairds Animal Hospital, Katherine
Floyd, Roberson County Animal Cruelty Investigator , Richard Durden of
Richard's Towing, State Trooper McMillan, and Diane Campbell, Ferret
Guardian Rescue Haven, Inc. for their kind and understanding treatment
of our friend Renee Downs.

Renee had an accident this past week in your county, and the way you
handled the situation should be a model for the entire country. You all
went above and beyond the call of duty, you went the extra mile. You
combined expert care with compassion, something not everyone can do.

The whole Ferret Community thanks you for the way you took our friend,
Renee Downs, a stranger in your community, under your care and helped
her through a very trying time.

The people of your town do not know how fortunate they are to have
such caring people handing the emergencies of life.

Thank you again,
Marilyn Ledoux