From:
eri garner <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 4 Nov 2009 21:15:56 -0600
Indy has been acting a little oddly since losing his two siblings
recently. If you'll recall, he hasn't been able to use his hind legs
very well since May. After that, his favorite play activity was to
crawl through the clear 20' flexible tunnels as well as the larger
black opaque garden-type. He LOVED our homemade "Tower of Terror",
especially sliding down the vertical part.

Now, he crawls partway into the flexible tube, stops, and suddenly
backs out. The best way I can describe it is that he seems to maybe
think he's too fat to fit (he isn't; I just had the vet take a look
at him last week, and there are no tumors, he really hasn't gotten
bigger, and we can't figure out what his issue is).

He'll still use the larger Superpet Fun-nels sometimes, as well as the
black ones; I'm trying to come up with some new toy ideas to make out
of the black to keep him stimulated & exercising. He's just not really
interested in playing much now -- and he already was rather limited
after his accident in May.

1. Does anyone have any ideas on how I can get him to start using the
clear ones again?
2. Do you have any ideas on toys I can make from the stiff black ones?
They aren't very flexible, so my ideas are going to be sort of limited.
3. Does anyone have any idea where I can find used, CHEAP fun-nel parts
(tubes, elbows, Ts, etc.)?

TIA!

~Eri & Indy & Pixie in TX
--