From:
Sergio Russek <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 4 Apr 1997 16:57:40 -0600
Hi Everyone,

This is my first post to the list and although I don't have a ferret (yet) I
want to get one.

what I want to know, and I'm sure this is the right place to ask, is this :
is it safe to have ferrets around pregnant women ?  because I know for
instance that cats have a bad reputation with pregnant women, my wife's
gynecologist was adamant about it and another two doctors also told me cats
and pregnant women don't mix (and not just because of toxoplasmosis) .  So
what about ferrets ?  .

I know doctors tend to over-react sometimes but the thing is, I don't want
to take any risks whatsoever about it, and I don't want to buy a ferret just
to get rid of it in a couple of years.

Thanks

Sergio