From:
Leonard Bottleman <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 7 Jun 1999 15:31:30 -0700
                The Oregon Ferret Association's
                      Ferret Fun Fair

                     Sunday, June 13th
                    9:00 AM to 4:00 PM

                   Oaks Amusement Park
                    Portland, Oregon

Come join the fun and share in the excitement as we team up with Portland's
Rose Festival for our 13th Annual Ferret Fun Fair.  The day's festivities
include such thrilling ferret events as tube races, cup tip over, best
trick, photography and costume contests plus our Grand Ferret Parade!
Veterinarians will be on hand to perform ferret health checks, vendors
will sell ferret related merchandise, and free ferret information handouts
will be available.  The Fair will end with a fast paced auction of ferret
supplies and paraphernalia.

This year's special guest is Jeanne Carley, the photographer for the Ferret
Calendar and an activist in the effort to legalize ferrets in California.

Admission for the public is free.  Admission for participants is $5 per
person or $10 per family.  Ferrets must be healthy, up to date on canine
distemper vaccinations, and be on a leash or in a carrier.

For more information about ferrets or the Ferret Fun Fair call the OFA at
(503) 306-2968 or check out our web page at
http://www.oregon-ferret.org .

The OFA is an official 501(c)(3) non profit organization.

                SCHEDULE OF EVENTS
     9:00       Registration opens. Reregistered participants can
                pick up registration packet at "will call" area.
 9:00 - 11:30   Photo Contest open for submissions.
 9:00 - 12:00   Health Care Booth open.
 9:00 -  3:30   Ferret playground open.
 9:30 - 10:30   Tube Races.
10:00 - 10:30   Cup Tip-over.
10:30 - 11:00   Kissing Contest.
11:00 - 11:30   Costume Contest.
11:30 - 12:00   Best Trick.
    11:30       Photo Contest judging begins.
    12:00       Special Presentations.
12:00 -  1:00   Lunch! Bring your own picnic lunch or  purchase a
                lunch from the concessions at Oaks Park.
 1:00 -  1:30   Bag Bust Out.
 1:30 -  2:00   The Grand Ferret Parade
 2:00 -  4:00   Live Auction!