From:
Sue Pyron <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 9 Jan 2012 17:39:19 -0500
No Time for Sorrow

Why does it have to hurt just like the first time,
when I lay another fur-baby to rest?
Why do each time I feel that I have failed them,
when I know deep in my heart I'd done my best.

My heart breaks o're and o're just like the first time,
when goodbye I whisper softly in their ear.
And now it seems again that I am facing,
the deepest pain, the heartache that I fear.

You know as well as I our time is fading,
I can see it when I look into your eyes.
That dreaded day will come before we know it,
when you and I will have to say goodbye.

I try to tell myself that you'll be better,
to dry my tears and I will be ok.
I tell myself that we will be together,
when I come to the Bridge one distant day.

Right now I cherish each and every moment,
the time we spend together is a gift.
I'll try not yet to sadly mourn your passing,
so the joy of holding you shall not be missed.

So I will laugh with you when you are happy,
a tear may fall on days that aren't as good.
But you're still here with me, no time for sorrow,
I'll celebrate your life just like I should.

    S. Pyron 1-9-11