From:
Tamara Stanton <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 20 Oct 2000 05:28:54 -0700
Greetings!

We adopted an adorable ferret, Jack, a couple of months ago (for those who
might remember, this is the previously whole ferret who had an "odor" about
him that gave me such a bad headache).  When we first got him, we did the
whole routine--ears, nails, and teeth--and noticed that his gums bled when
I brushed his teeth.  Well, his back teeth aren't in the best of shape and
we feel horrible every time we try to brush because no matter how gentle
we are, his gums still bleed!  So off to the vet we go next week to get a
complete dental.

In addition, the Shelter Mom (hi Faith!) mentioned a product called
Oxyfresh that comes in a gel-form that helps heal pets' gums.  I did an
online search and found several private suppliers (but no stores) who
carry this product who seem to be able to make a commission off of selling
it (like Avon), so I thought that perhaps there was such a person/Shelter
on this list?  If so, that would obviously be our preferred route.

Also, has anyone else used Oxyfresh for their fuzzies?
Thoughts?

Cheers-
Tamara, Jeff, and the 4 Mustelidteers (Ginger,
Moonshine, Penny, and Jack)