From:
Sheila Crompton <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 11 Apr 2000 08:51:27 +0100
>From:    "Sonam D." <[log in to unmask]>
>I work 12 hour days: I could leave the a/c on all day, but I have no doubt
>that my electric bill will be astronomical, and I'm looking for other
>solutions. ... what is the temperature at which ferts will suffer? 85?

Usually anything over 80.

>In any event - would the breeze from a powerful all-apartment fan be of
>any help?  Has anyone had any luck with an air-conditioner timer (say 2
>hours on, 2 hours off?).  Any other suggestions?

You could perhaps add Cool Ferret to their water, it's a heat stress
supplement.  I used it with great success when I was doing the ferret
racing at the CLA Game Fair last year, it was well over 80 on all the
days we were there with the ferrets.  All the humans were literally on
their knees come mid-day, the ferrets were all totally laid back and
were wondering what all the fuss was about.

I believe that Cool Ferret is now available in the USA, a supplier for
ferret products is importing it.

--
Sheila
Bolton Ferret Welfare.