From:
Kimberly F Johnson/ATL/Lotus <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 11 Apr 2000 11:31:21 -0400
I have recently started volunteering at the Gwinnett County Animal Shelter,
and I was made aware that ferrets are turned in from time to time.  Since
most people who come to adopt a pet from the shelter are looking for a cat
or dog, I have a bad feeling about what the fate of most ferrets may be.
I don't know if you're interested in trying to rescue them, but I thought
I would mention this to you.  As of Saturday there were 2 ferrets at the
shelter that had been there since April 4.  One was a sable male, and the
other was an albino female.  I would love to adopt them myself, but I
already have 2 of my own.  If you're interested in these, or any other
ferrets that come in to the shelter, please feel free to contact me at
770-495-3768 (h) or 404-238-6485 (w).  You may also want to contact the
shelter directly at 770-662-6188.

Thank you,
Kim Johnson

<REPLY TO ORIGINAL MESSAGE>
Hi Kim,

Thank you for contacting us about these two ferrets.

We are at capacity and unable to take in any more ferrets at this time.
You might want to consider sending a post to the Ferret Mailing List
([log in to unmask]) about them.  There's bound to be someone
out there who would be interested in giving these guys a new home.

Jan

Jan M. Lovell - Secretary/Treasurer
http://www.gaferret.org  Georgia Ferret Association Inc.
established 1989
state licensed - non-profit
Education ~ Rescue ~ Adoption
Dedicated to a Better Life for Domestic Ferrets
Through Knowledge and Understanding