From:
"marie i. schatz" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 4 Dec 1997 21:53:40 -0500
I'm not positive but I think policies vary by base although they may go by
some standard guideline too.  I think the base commander has ultimate say.
If you can risk not getting into base housing you could petition the
commander (get the base vet to help you out here) to put ferrets on the
excepted list.  As for not getting discovered with a ferret in base housing
good luck.  A lot of kids live in base housing and one will invariably knock
on your door to sell you something, deliver your paper and see the ferret.
Excited they will go home and tell their parents at dinner.  You can only
hope the parent isn't the First Sergeant or someone in charge of making sure
the rules are adhered to (there a lot of rules in base housing).  If you
decide to go the stealth route make sure you know the rules and abide by
them to a "T" (like make sure your lawn is mowed and trimmed immaculately
etc.) or someone will be around to tell you about it.

Mary (Air National Guard, ex-active)