Date:
Tue, 6 Aug 2002 13:24:19 -0400
>From:    Anonymous Poster [WH]
>Subject: incessant digging
>
>Any suggestions?  We're on top of the adrenal.  I just need to figure
>out how to let them play w/o losing the carpet.

Hi WH,

I recently bought my guys a small kitty condo, a piece of carpeted cat
furniture they can crawl inside, and that is proving to be a big hit for
scratching.  I had trouble with them digging at the couch but the kitty
condo proves to be far more fun.  A favorite game is for one to be inside
the condo and one to be outside and they then scratch at each other
through the wall, each triggered by the other's digging noises :)

Another thought that occurs to me is that if the digging is mostly
happening in one spot, why not just tack down some cheap carpet over the
scratching area?  That way your carpet stays nice underneath and they
still get to dig--you could pull it up and stick it in a closet when
company comes over.

good luck,
Regina

Regina Harrison  [log in to unmask] or [log in to unmask]
http://www.channel1.com/users/regina/
blog: http://www.channel1.com/users/regina/zblog.html

Is that my business?  Well, what is my business?  Do I know?  Did I ever
know?  Let s not go into that.  You re not human tonight, Marlowe.  Maybe
I never was or ever will be... Maybe we all get like this in the cold
half-lit world where always the wrong thing happens and never the right.
--Raymond Chandler, The Little Sister