From:
Anonymous Poster <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 1 Jul 1998 22:17:13 EDT
AB409 was scheduled to be heard in the CA Senate Natural Resources &
Wildlife Committee.  I just got off the phone with the office for the
committee and the status of AB409 is still hanging in the balance: ".....it
is being held over until a future committee meeting and has not yet come up
for a final vote".  They wouldn't elaborate on the reason for this or when
it will be decided.  (The committee usually meets each 2nd & 4th Tuesday of
the month.)

What this means is that we have more precious time to write our state
senator, especially if he/she is a member of this committee, to voice your
opinion to this reckless bill which jeopardizes our legislative efforts to
legalize the domestic ferret in this state.  This bill would give too much
power to the Fish & Game Commission over domestic animals -- an agency which
already wrongly prohibits ferrets by listing them on a prohibitive list of
wildlife.  Don't let a wildlife agency determine what type of domestic pet
you own.  So please write, FAX, e-mail or telephone your senator to express
your objection.  Read about the impact that AB409 would have upon the
ferrets in CA at the "Californians for Ferret Legalization: website at
"http://www.ferretnews.org/"

--Stormy

   ()--(a)
   (@=@=) \
      \   \
      /\ * )  \     LEGALIZE DOMESTICATED FERRETS!