From:
Rochelle Newman <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 11 Jun 1995 13:48:46 -0400
    I, too, heard that the reason why pet stores are having trouble getting
MF ferrets in of late is due to the recent legalization in MI.  Supposedly the
demand there is so high that MF is diverting a fair number of their ferrets
there.

    On another topic - the other day one of our ferrets was bouncing around
doing the ferret war dance, and, as often happens, she lost track of the
location of nearby furniture and slammed her head into our TV stand.  Normally
ferrets seem to run into walls, furniture, etc. all the time and just bounce
off - but she stood there for a second, in a daze, shaking her head.  I could
just imagine the stars circling around her head...   Now, I'm sure this is not
the only time a ferret has actually hit their head that hard in the midst of a
war dance, and I realize that humans do stupid things like that all time (and
sometimes even hit their heads hard enough to give themselves a concussion, or
stub their toes badly enough to break them... )  But, it made me wonder -
has anyone ever heard of a ferret getting seriously hurt in a war dance?

- Rochelle