From:
"Marlene B., Richmond Ferret Rescue" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 9 Apr 2005 18:20:21 EDT
Some of you have had the incredible fortune of meeting our Heaven-sent
Shelter Mom, Nancy Clarke.  She is our plucky, brave, awesome Shelter mom
who takes the sick, dying, special needs ferrets- as well as the HORRIBLY
EVIL ones, as well.  She loves them all, and spends her days, 24-7,
caring for these needy kids.  Nancy is also a Cancer survivor- who lost
her hearing because of her battle with cancer a few years ago.  Yet, she
is our strong, FEARLESS trooper who gives the pet stores hell when she
thinks the animals are not being cared for well enough.  She never
refuses ANY ferret, regardless of any health issues, biting, pooping on
the walls... you name it.  She is a FERRET SAINT.  As well as a general
animal/critter Saint.  And her home is always spotless, she
color-cooridinates the hammies/litter pans and blankies...And she is
obssesive about celebrating each and every shelter kid's birthday-If she
doesn't know the b-day, she makes one, just so that ferret has it's own
special day.

I could go on and on..  But the IMPORTANT PART IS THAT NANCY'S CANCER HAS
RETURNED WITH A VENGANCE.  She kept this info from us for quite some
time.She has now been diagnosed with type 4 cancer- it has spread to her
spinal cord, her pelvis, her hips, and liver...I just quit ready after
the first page from the Docs.  And you know, all she was worried about
was:

Did she make the right choice 2 weeks ago to euthanize a ferret who was
terminal?

Could I look at FAT-Ass Evil Sammy's cordoma?

Did I think that her 6-year-old DEW was too thin at 1.7 lbs?

So, PLEASE, POOFLINGERS, could everyone say a prayer for Nancy?  This
was her only request from us when Tracie and I asked what she needed for
us to do to help?

Thank you all for your prayers, and please, God, if you're listening,
Make Nancy stop hurting so much so that I can hug her without causing
her pain.

Tears running down by dumb 'ole face,
Marlene B.