Date:
Sat, 17 Mar 2012 07:22:57 -0700
Dear Lori
I really enjoyed reading your blog. I think we all know of someone (me
included) doing the *scruff by mouth trick. Too bad it doesn't work on
cats... not mine anyway.

Years ago we had a blind neighbor. He went for daily walks around
our rural neighborhood. He knew where he was by the roadside bushes,
fences, dogs barking, etc. All the dogs loved him, he always had
cookies for them. One day we decided to move our mail box from one
gate to the other, about 100 feet. That afternoon our friend lost his
way, our box was one of his *touching points*, and it had disappeared.
He asked to be placed where the mailbox had been, then counted steps
to the new spot, and he was good to go.

I do hope your eye surgery is successful, and that your mommies
treatments give her and you much more time together.

Ardith