From:
Date:
Wed, 6 Nov 1996 21:10:49 -0800
Well it was a typical fall ferret show.  I was a judge this time around
(again) and our daughter Courtney was master of Ceremonies (also again).

Went pretty well.  Saw many good ferrets.  Met a couple people from the FML.
Had fun hanging out with the show folks.

Winner of best kit was Powdered Sugar owned by Moeferrets and bred by Maria
Olson's Ferret Spice.  As you may have gathered by her name, she is an
albino.

Winner of best alter was Zen's Isabelle of WBH.  This is one of several
ferrets the Hudsons have gotten from us.  At the recent Big Apple Ferret
Show, Zen's Mr. Lincoln of HWB took best in show alter.  Another best in
show was at an LOS/LIFE show - a Zen's Mary Todd of HWB took best kit.
Isabelle is a daughter of Sukiyaki who is a daughter of our Genghis Khan.

Winner of best breeder was Cindy Sooey's Dreamcatcher Ferret's Little
Rascal; a lovely little sable jill.  Cindy also runs a ferret shelter in
addition to her ferretry in Newark, DE.  Occasionally Cindy also will post
to the FML.

It definitely was a day for the lovely ladies.  In most cases, the jills
outnumbered the hobs in the top ten of each ring.

I guess I ought to explain the names.  The ferretry that breed a ferret has
its name or initials in front of a name and the owning ferretry has its name
or initials at the end.  So we bred Mr. Lincoln, Isabelle and Mary Todd and
Hudson Weasel Bears "owns" them now.  We've decided that from now one we'll
have Glenna Hudson pick out the nicest ferret from any of our litters and
then we'll keep that one.  Of course now Glenna is trying to "weasel" a
dark-eyed hob kit away from our daughter Courtney.  At last check Glenna
claimed that she had part ownership of him.  The next time Courtney saw
Glenna she gave her an envelope with his nail clippings in it.  Well, it was
part of him.

bill and diane killian
zen and the art of ferrets
http://www.zenferret.com/