From:
Debi Christy <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 26 Jan 2002 10:59:49 -0800
Got to http://www.geocities.com/ferretsfirst/articles.html and print out
the General Information and the Ferret Proofing articles.  Take them to
her with a cheery "I found this on the internet.  Thought you'd like to
have it, now that you've got a ferret."

Sometimes hearing the same (or very similar) thing from a different
source will convince someone that you're not just trying to act like a
know-it-all.  Mention things like how you had to look for a ferret one
day and how you fixed whatever to keep them out of it.  Or, that you went
to go buy some 'great new' ferret food only to find out it wasn't as
nutritional as the one you're already feeding.  Give her a Ferret Store
catalog... even people who don't buy look at the catalogs... lots of pics
of fuzzies in hammocks.  Or a copy of a ferret magazine.

If that doesn't help, it's likely that she's just a collector or someone
who feels they must have the same (or more) things "everyone" else has.
There's not much you can do for that as it's an emotional disorder (short
of theft of the ferret... and I suppose some of the larceny from our own
fuzzies must be contagious because I think we've all seen situations that
have made us consider it, however fleetingly).

Debi Christy
Ferrets First Foster Home

Practical & easy training, care, & maintenance articles available at
http://www.geocities.com/ferretsfirst/