From:
Ronnie DiComo <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 3 Jun 1997 13:46:07 -0400
Please!  Everyone keep pushing--Kodo is down to the wire.  Here are my
suggestions:

Send Gov. Engler a fax or at least an e-mail and call every day.  If a
governor can free a convicted murderer, he can free an innocent animal!
Don't believe it when his office says he can do nothing.  When you write
someone else--letter to the editor, tourism board etc.--make a copy and fax
it to the governor.  The governor would like us to go away--we will not!

     Governor John Engler
     Phone:  (517) 335-7858 or (517) 373-3400
     Fax:  (517) 335-6863 or (517) 335-6949
     E-mail: [log in to unmask]
     Web site address:  http://www.migov.state.mi.us
     P.O. Box 30013, Lansing, Michigan 48909

Does Gov. Engler want to be known as the governor who stood by and did
nothing while a Michigan citizen literally went bankrupt trying to save his
beloved pet?  Or will he have the courage to tell the truth and free this
innocent animal who EVERYONE KNOWS does not have rabies?

Does anyone know if Gov. Engler will be running for re-election?  (Can
someone post this?) Remind him that whatever decision he makes, we will not
forget.  We promise it will be brought up in the next election.

Senator Dingell--He is pro-ferret and has filed a bill to protect ferrets.
Can he talk to the governor for us?  Is there any way the bill can be pushed
through quickly--i.e., added on as an amendment to some other bill which is
sure to pass?  (517) 373-7800 phone, (517) 373-9310 fax e-mail

Links to Michigan Tourist Offices: (if someone could post fax and phone,
that would be great!)
http://www.lansing.org/
http://www.flint.org/
http://www.grcvb.org/
http://www.macc.org/
http://www.annarbor.org/
http://www.visitdetroit.com/

Let them know you will not vacation in Michigan, then fax a copy of your
letter to Gov. Engler.

Write letters to the editor (these need to be short and to the point).  Here
is a link to newspapers listed by state: http://www.gebbieinc.com/daily.htm

Mass. Ferret Friends is hiring a media consultant (see today's post) to get
national publicity for Kodo.  If you would to contribute specifically to
this fund, please e-mail me at [log in to unmask]

H.S.U.S. has a regional office which includes Michigan.  They have a lot of
expertise in animal issues!  Ask them if they will help us, even if it's
just for this week.  HSUS Great Lakes Regional Office States served: IN, MI,
OH, WV 745 Haskins Street, Bowling Green, OH 43402-1696 (419) 352-5141; FAX
(419) 354-5351

And last but not least, for anyone out there who believes in the power of
thought, positive energy, prayer, white light--whatever you want to call
it--please join me in sending Kodo and his family good wishes every day at
12 noon eastern time (9:00 a.m.  Calif.  time and whatever else in between).

We love you Kodo
-- Ronnie DiComo
Ralphie, Harry, Prince Charming and Merlin
Cinderella, Sheena and Angel kitties helping from the Rainbow Bridge