From:
sheena staples <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 17 Jan 1996 21:53:19 -0800
>I've heard that Canadian ferrets are on average larger than most places,
>but she's BIG and strong too.  Anyways, the kid is beautiful and healthy...
>just hope she doesn't become as big as the cat.  <G>

Well, be prepared for just that!  <G> My silver mitt Milo is also from a
Manitoba breeding farm and he's now 1 year 2 months and weighs in at a
rather largish 7lbs.  I ain't exaggerating, my scale ain't broken, he's just
one heck of a huge ferret.  I can't close my fingers around his neck even.
I thought he was exceptionally large - I had seen big ferrets before, but
not Milo big.  Then I met Rachel.

Rachel is also from Manitoba.  She's boarding with us for a few weeks and
she may as well be Milo's twin.  She's only 6 months old and weighs close to
4lbs already and is a silver mitt as well.  She's beautiful - just like my
Milo - but man oh man is she ever huge!

People are always amazed when they see Milo but when they hold him their
mouths drop open and they holler "Honey!  Honey!  Come see the *size* of
this ferret!" The only drawback to Milo is that he is also an aggressive
little jerk and because of his size he can pin any ferret and make them
helpless.

Boy if early neuters are supposed to be smaller, imagine what he'd look like
if we'd had the chance to let him mature naturally?!

Sheena
WFHHF and FAGV