From:
Sheila Mares <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 24 Mar 1997 23:22:46 -0500
Hi everyone.  I'm new to the FML, and the the joy of owning ferrets (sounds
like it ought to be a cookbook).  My name is Sheila, and I recently adopted
a 2 year old fuzzbutt named Kojak.  I have a question I hope someone out the
can help with.  I think Kojak has an allergy to synthetic lamb's wool.  He
has a hammock that's lined with the synth lamb's wool on the inside.  Well,
the little guy would be sound asleep when all the sudden he'd come barreling
out of his cage and start itching like crazy.  I didn't know what to think
of it until the other day when I noticed he didn't do that when he fell
asleep elsewhere (his favorite nap spot is in my bed under the blanket).  I
put 2 and 2 together and turned his hammock inside out so the wool was on
the outside...and bingo, no more itching fits.  Am I right thinking he has
an allergy to the wool, or is he just being psychotic (which I strongly
suspect anyway <g>).  Feel free to post here in the FML, or email me
directly at [log in to unmask]  Thanks in advance!

Sheila and Kojak (Mom, I smell leather...lemme have it!)