From:
Claire Curtis <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 22 Mar 2004 08:33:26 -0500
On Mar 22, 2004, at 2:00 AM, kat wrote:
>i know a few people who are allergic to adrenal ferrets...i am one of
>them... whole males and adrenal ferrets

>... i break out in red welts wherever they touch me...worst case, so
>far...or ugly red rashes...least reaction being tingling where they
>touch me...

Now THAT is very interesting.  It suggests that there is a possibility of
developing a non-invasive skin test for adrenal.  Presumably the ferrets
are shedding some factor in their skin oil or from their hair follicles
that cause the reaction.  Have you gotten your dermatologist and your vet
together to figure out what the allergan might be?  Any of our vets want
to look into this?

-Claire
(Sam, Frankie, Missy, Louie, and Lilo)