From:
Steve Sekey <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 26 Aug 1995 00:02:23 -0400
I bought my first ferret 3 months ago, and my second just this week.  I
join this list just a couple weeks ago after doing a search, that I was
positive would come up empty.  I'm glad I was wrong.  Reading the messages
each day had given me insight I would have found out the hard way.
Although just a few days ago it took me over an hour to get "Alpha" my 5
month old out of the drier.  He found a whole that I was not aware of.  He
lost his toy in the process of coaxing him out, but I'm sure he'd realize
it was a small price to pay.  (well maybe not to him) :-)

My question...  both times I purchased the ferrets from the local store,
they recommended a cat/kitten food called "Precise" over "Iams".  The cost
for "precise is minimally cheaper, so that is not at all an issue.  There
health definately comes first.  I'm curious if anyone has tried "Precise"
or knows of it, and whether or not it is acceptable, or if I should just
stick with "Iams".  They love it and eat it without hesitation.

Any help will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Steve
    Alpha (the curious 5 month old)
         (no name yet) (just 8 weeks olds)

PS.... the whole in the drier has been covered, although Alpha scratched for
a bit, to test my handy work.