From:
Georgina Barratt-See <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 26 Apr 2000 08:55:45 +1000
Hi all!

Happy (belated) Easter to all.  I've just had five days away from work and
the computer and not only do my fingers "feel funny" on the keyboard but
there are tonnes of emails to read - hehe!

Anyway, I have a question.  I got my two fuzzies a rice box about a month
ago, and apart from the some occasional rice being spilt (and then vacuumed
- thank goodness it's easy to vacuum up!!) it's been GREAT!!  The girls
will snorkel, wrestle and generally have a marvellous time jumping in and
out and in and out and in (well, you get the picture :)

Anyway, while I was at home and spending lots of quantity time with the
fuzzies, I found Dora, on more than 3 occasions, eating the rice in the
rice box (I wondered why the rice was going down! :)

My question is: Is it okay for her to do this???  As far as I can tell, the
rice is just passing straight through (pretty obvious in the poop that's
for sure!).  Is it possible to somehow get her to stop it?  Every time
she does it I try to distract her.  Should I get rid of the rice box all
together??  It has (had actually :) 15 kg of rice in it.

It'd be great if anybody could let me know what they think.

Thanks,

Georgina (with Tabitha the red-eyed rascal and Dora the rice-eating
queen)