Date:
Mon, 4 Sep 2000 21:02:25 -0500
I had a new client Saturday, that saw my ferrets & told me they had
ferrets.  (It was a15 yr old girl, her mother & a 12 yr old girl.)Today
they came over & asked if I wanted their ferrets because the mother was
sick of them getting out of their cage.They are only about a year old.They
brought me the boy,Bandito,& proceeded to tell me that they couldnt find
the albino Precious.  She had gotten outside!

"Oh Bandito gets outside sometimes but he always came back, this is the
first time she (Precious) has gotten outside" the youngest girl says.  The
ferret cage was kept on the back porch (no A/C & fed Meow Mix ,NO beeding
on the wire cages,nails long & split.) I got my dads truck & went and got
the cage- awful- any ferret could squeeze out of the doors.

We tried to find Precious, but we couldn't.  I am going to make some
fliers & post them in the neighborhood, & I will check the humane society
tommorow.

I am absolutly SICK about this, I don't know what else to do.  I keep
thinking about the poor ferret outside alone, probably scared, wondering
where her buddy Bandito is & how to get home.  I feel bad for poor Bandito
lying here in this cage alone.He has always been with Precious.  I am going
to let my friend take him tommorow, they have been wanting ferret(s)& I
told her I would let her know when I found her a ferret that needs a good
home.( Four of my five ferrets are rescues.)Bandito is such a sweetie, too.

I am posting this to all lists I am on.  My question is, for those
unfortunate enough to have this experience, what else can I do?  I plan
on going back tommorow & looking some more.  I wonder if I will be able to
sleep tonite, I can't stand the thought of a little lost ferret out in the
elements, alone, because of people's ignorance.

Thank you,

~Micaela~

~Bones~Snow~Cleopatra~