From:
Cynthia ritenour <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 22 Jul 2010 09:44:39 -0400
Maybe it's a good idea to look at the glycemic index of these
ingredients. I know that sweet potatoes are better for diabetic people
than white potatoes. the Glycemic index relates to how sugars are
processed by our bodies. I know ferrets are not Humans, but both humans
and ferrets can have blood sugar level issues. How it helps to look at
this:

for example: sweet potatoes will give a more steady release of sugars,
whereas white potatoes will spike a persons glucose level, setting
them up for a crash, much like drinking a soda

Does anyone know how these things relate to ferrets, and if this could
be a useful tool in choosing the best foods for our kids?

Cindy & the gang (9)