From:
Roy and Ruth Roberts <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 23 Jun 1998 19:14:34 -0400
My female, Romy, has been with us for almost two months but she is still
very timid and hides most of the time when she is out of her cage.  We try
to play with her but it seems like as soon as you get to playing she runs
off and you don't see her again for a while.  I have trapped her in our
bathroom (a favorite place) and just sat on the floor to get more acquainted
with her and she will play with me then but when she is free to run in the
house, she disappears (into my son's underwear drawer mostly).  Me and my
husband are dying to have her crawl up on our laps and give kisses (not
nips) but we are not sure what to do.  I am looking for a male (or two) to
keep her company and maybe model playful behavior as she was abandoned and
I'm not sure if she knows how to be social with humans.  Any comments,
suggestions welcome.