Date:
Tue, 16 Feb 1999 11:15:24 -0500
JT Speikn <[log in to unmask]> asked about a good ferret vet in the
Boston/Cambridge area.  I just went to the South Boston Animal Clinic,
operated by Boston Veterinary Associates, for annual vacs and exams and was
happy with the care my ferrets received.  It's on East Broadway, and we saw
Dr. Hurley.  Both he and the vet tech were comfortable around ferrets (the
vet tech had owned one previously), and were good listeners.  The
receptionist was also nice and friendly, curious about the ferrets.  And,
if you go to their web site (sorry, don't have URL here but it can be
easily found using yahoo), follow the link to the main Boston Veterinary
Associates web page, there's a form you can fill out and submit online for
a free exam for first-time clients (a $35 value).  After you submit the
form, they send you the coupon in the mail.  All I had to pay for were the
vacs and medical waste disposal fees.  They also extended the coupon to
cover my roommate, who brought her ferrets in on the same day.  Angell
Memorial also provides high quality care, from what I've heard, but they
are also pricey.  The South Boston Animal Clinic is accessible by T plus a
bus; parking in South Boston is interesting, to put it mildly, but you can
drive there.  Good luck!

Regina
Amelia (a whopping 2.5 lbs!  "that's your female?!?" the vet tech said as I
pulled her from the carrier)
and Cully (who I thought was losing weight but is at a personal high of 2.8
lbs, without being fat at all-- yay totally ferret!)

"I'm grazing with the dinosaurs and the dear old horses..."
                                                -- Nick Cave
Regina Harrison
http://www.geocities.com/SoHo/Lofts/1083