From:
Lesley Colton <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 30 Apr 2008 20:30:18 -0400
I know I posted awhile ago about purchasing a Roomba to keep the
hardwoods clean. Brad and I had concerns that BART! and Loki would
either be injured by the vacuum or they would "injure" it. These
concerns became real fears the minute the Roomba emerged from the
shipping box. Loki has a passing interest in it, but basically ignores
it, unless it is near a favorite toy. BART!, however, has made a vow
to slay Grendal (the Roomba) and bring back one of his arms (the small,
protruding brushes) for the king. He constantly chases, bites, rides,
and in general, terrorizes the Roomba. We solved this by giving BART!
and Loki some personal cage time when the vacuum is running. The floors
have stayed amazingly clean.But, it has been difficult to use the
Roomba on a regular basis since it's battery always seems to be in the
charge mode on the docking station. Well the mystery has been solved.
At 4AM, we awoke to the sound of vacuuming coming from the kitchen.
Brad got up to investigate and found BART! (Beowulf) riding around on
the back of the monster. He has figured out that by getting on top of
the Roomba, he can start it. He has done this "little, cute trick"
repeatedly. Grendal now lives in his docking station on a kitchen
chair, high above the lands ruled by weasels.

What an expensive ferret toy!

Lesley