From:
Kirsten Hansen <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 22 Jun 2003 05:21:13 -0500
dear fml,

my ferret, Teddy, aged about 6 years old is worrying me greatly.  he
has been up all night, and seems unable to get to sleep.  This is very
unusual for him....he likes his sleep.  He keeps moving from one sleeping
spot he and my other ferret like to another, and will lie down, be still,
then fidget, trying different positions, like he can't get to sleep, and
staying in one spot too much is uncomfortable.  he never closes his eyes
during all this.  i have been up watching him for the last 5-7 hours.
it's now 5:10 central time.  he really seems to want to just curl up go
to sleep, but something is causing him not to be able to for some reason.
occasionally he will go between my desk and the wall, a reasonably narrow
passage, like he thinks he could sleep there, but still doesn't seem
satisfied; and i have to say after finding my last ferret dead in almost
the same spot, this has disturbed me.  i'm trying to stress how odd this
seems to me, and how worried i am.  i was wondering if anyone had some
suggestion i could use so that he could just sleep.  i've tried rubbing
along his body to loosen muscles, or curl him up with his sister, but
nothing seems to work.  nothing's wrong with him do you think?  his
little paws are hot and bright pink.  since i only get the newsletter
once a day, could you send direct mail onto my home email?  that way i
can open and read it immediately.  thanks everyone.

 -kirsten hansen
Teddy, and Rugsby
aim:    Dead Head On
(i'll have my away message up, but send anyway, i'm here, just screening
messages)