From:
Amy McGraw <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 21 Nov 1995 13:47:45 -0500
First of all, I would like to thank everyone involved on the FML.  You've
truly made my life and my loved one happier.  My name is Amy, and I have
only one love of my life (for right now) named Austin.  He has truly been a
joy to have.  This is my first time writing, and I'm addressing questions I
haven't seen answered before.  So, I apologize now if I repeat anything!  :)

1)Fleas
I am sad to say that my little fuzzie has fleas.  The shampoo that I am using
is ferret-safe, but it doesn't help with the fleas.  I don't think they're too
bad now, but I want to attack them before it's too late.  My question is
this...What kind of flea shampoo is ferret-safe?  And, if there isn't any, how
do I get rid of them.

2)Drafts
Austin sleeps in his cage at night, and I not sure if it's safe.  During the
night, our heater kicks on across the room from Austin.  I'm pretty sure
he's OK, but I don't know if he's getting a draft.  I have had him for 4
months now, and he shows no signs of being affected.  I'm curious if he is
safe.

3)Descenting
My vet doesn't believe in descenting ferrets.  Will he be "OK" without
taking that horrible smell away?

Well, that's all for now.  Thanks again for everything.  The stories I've
read, and the things I've learned are priceless.

If you don't mind, could you e-mail your responses.  I have been having
trouble with my listserv mail.  Thanks again!

Amy