From:
Margaret Merchant <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 31 Oct 1997 02:24:54 -0600
Hi Everyone,

I am putting together a shelter/club type of newsletter, but doing it on
a national, North American, International basis (depending on demand).

It will highlight various clubs and legal fights, have regular care columns,
monthly vet columns, announcements of shows, club meetings etc on a regional
basis.  I will also have guest editorials from some of the ferret world's
better known personalities.

The Mustelid Monthly (tm) will be geared towards the large group of people
who do not have internet access or local newsletters.  Many clubs cannot
afford to produce their own and I would like for this to be set up in a
generic way, to be used by all.

To those of you who have seen newsletters I have done in the past, you know
what I am aiming for.  It will have a professional appearance, geared
towards the layman but with pertinant information for the professionals.

I will give half of all proceeds from subscriptions and adds to shelters, on
a reader nominated basis.

I would like to be able to list ANY clubs or national organization events,
so that those without direct resources will be informed on shows and such.
So please, send in you meeting dates, show dates, education days, etc.  This
newsletter will be totally non-denominational.

The Mustelid Monthly (tm) will also be providing brochures for clubs to give
to new owners and to veterinarians.

Lets build a network of ferret folk, one that isn't dependent on the
internet, nor on national organizations.  I want to work with these forums
to create one that gets their info to those who don't have it now.

Although I have several things in mind, I am EXTREMELY open to suggestions.
I want to make this everyone's newsletter.  And I can only do that one way,
with your help.

I am shooting for a January publishing date.

Margaret Merchant aka Mo' Maggie