From:
aylasaur <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 6 Apr 1996 01:22:55 -0500
I've been reading about several shows/conventions for ferrets and their
owned hooman beans, and the only concern I really have about bringing our
bunch to one is this:

Is there a high frequency of diseases (e.g., ECE) being communicated among
ferrets attending such conventions (since there is a large # of ferrets
attending)?  Are there any measures taken to stop epidemics from occuring
(e.g., clean bill of health from a vet from a week/etc./whatever before, or
something similar)?

Also, about the adoptive ferret database currently being discussed, I can
scan in any photos of needy ferrets and upload them to the 'net, as well as
work on descriptions, etc.  if people know of any friendless ferts out
there.

<On the aside, we're wondering if it's as difficult to adopt a ferret as it
is to adopt-buy a cat from a breeder --- so far we've been unsuccessful in
adopting one (cat), as there is always either someone else first on line,
or the breeder has found a more "suitable" home (e.g., one breeder gave one
of the cats we were looking to adopt to a couple who lived closer to them
because it was "more convenient." Sigh..  I guess we're just a little
disgruntled about the whole adoptive process.  We just want to adopt a nice
friendly cat to live with a nice, normal responsible family, for heaven's
sake.>

                        Cheerios (and Apple Jacks too),
                            Martin & Anna G. Ralya,
                        skywise and aylasaur at UMich.

Molly, Obelix, Mithril, Wookie, Cwynn
currently on an FLO plan to steal and stash as much mattress stuffing
as possible away from the evil clutches of the hooman beans.