From:
"Michael R. Butz" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 4 Jun 1997 16:42:19 -0500
A brief question to veteran ferret owners: anything out of the ordinary for
portions of the coat to change color...i.e. from black frosted to white?  My
eight month old boy, Eddie, is experiencing this.  A spot just behind the
ears, and between the shoulder blades, which once was the same color as the
rest of him (black with white underneath) is now turning white.  No hair
loss, just the change in color.  In addition, some of his white underbelly
hair is turning yellowish.  Odd?

Oh well, since I'm posting: I got a chair from outside (left for trash--but
nice) and brought it into my apartment.  Eddie has played on it a few times,
and I have sprayed it with Lysol twice to kill any unwanted guests.
However, ever since I brought the chair in he's itching quite a bit more
than usual.  No visual evidence of fleas, but should I be worried?  Is there
a flea dip for ferrets?

Email me privately if you've got anything helpful!  Thanks to all.

--michael and eddie