From:
Francine Prager <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 25 Jul 1999 17:47:33 -0700
It never occured to me, that when one of my ferrets snuggled down in a
dresser drawer, he might be in danger.  He had slept in that drawer many,
many times before.

I had a sarong wrapped in a sealed plastic bag in that drawer. It had
been there for years. Last night, Sprout decided to claw open the bag,
just enough for him to get his head into the bag, but he couldn't get it
out again. When I found him, he could hardly breathe and was wheezing,
almost completely out of breath.

He is OK now, but please check the drawers the little ones sleep in, to
make certain there are no hidden dangers there.

Francine Prager