From:
"marie i. schatz" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 8 Jan 1997 19:03:55 -0500
>Subject: Marshall Farms
<the topic that never dies!>

>Just my $.02.....unless you are willing to be a vegetarian, not wear
>leather/furs, use cosmetics/soaps/shampoos/etc.  that are cruelty-free, not
>take just about any medication, etc.  I feel it's a bit hypocritical to
>solely target MF with vehemence on how they treat their animals. ...

Here's my .02 cents.  (1) Your assuming that people who don't like big farms
like PV and MF and Hagen don't like then because of selling to animal
research.  That's not necessarily true.  There are many other
reasons/practices that people disagree with that apply to many big farms and
even small breeders.  (2) To take your logic and extend it a little further,
I guess you would be willing to work for these big farms and kill the older
ferrets who are worn out from breeding and therefore of no use to these
places?  Even though they would make suitable pets?  (3) I don't think
anyone is saying don't work to improve animal conditions at any of these
places.  Some people just prefer to not participate in prolonging the
situation by supporting them financially.  And yes make informed choices
about where you spend your money - like buying from a breeder who treats
ferrets (and dogs and cats etc.) like the companion pets they are.  (4) In
my over a year on FML I have rarely seen what I consider to be "rants", just
strongly held beliefs which is ok by me.

Mary, Boris and Giesela