From:
Amy Eller <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
The Ferret Mailing List (FML)
Date:
Tue, 30 Nov 1993 09:04:09 -0500
Hello,
I wanted to make a comment about Marshall Farms ferrets.  Yes
they were spayed or neutered and descented when they were tooooo
young.  Yes, this is terrible.  But they should not be shunned just
because they are from MF.  That part of their lives is over.  Now it
is up to all of us ferret lovers to give them the best life that is
possible.  We cannot let the rest of their lives be as terrible as the
first part.  I can't believe anyone would deny an MF ferret a home
just because of where they came from.  This is almost as bad as not
adopting a child because they came from a slum.  This is not a very
nice thing.

My first ferret, Sneakers, is a Marshall Farms ferret.  She brings me
as much love and enjoyment as my other ferret who comes from a local
breeder here in Florida.  Sneakers is a great litter box user, she has
all of her teeth and no more than that.  She has the right amount of
toes.  But, what if an MF ferret doesn't have the correct amount of
toes or teeth or hair. SO WHAT!  It's not their fault.

Carl Sandburg once said that the worst word that people could use is
"exclusive."  When you are exclusive you are blocking out other
cultures and ideals.  You are missing out on some great stuff.  This
is close-minded.  Please don't "exclude" Marshall Farms ferrets.  They
have feelings too.  Someone should go and see the Marshall farms
operation.  If it is that terrible then the Humane Society should get
involved.  If I lived up North I would be glad to visit.  If it is so
bad then something needs to be done.  In the mean time, don't exclude
MF ferrets from your family.  Give them a chance at a happy life.

Thank you

---(: Amy Eller, Vice-President,Central Florida Ferret Friends :)---