From:
"S.Hewett" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 1 Mar 2006 15:35:54 +0800
It occurred to me that some might think that I have a home littered with
little dead carcasses and chicken wings.  No, I don't have anything near
that.  What I do have are strategically placed "stashing boxes" for my
ferrets to eat in or hoard in if they so desire.  I don't have carpets in
the areas that the ferrets frequent.  In fact I've spent a lot of time
tearing up carpet & laying tiles since moving in here.  I'm sure that a
major factor in choosing to buy this home was that the main living area
has slate floors. :-)

The "stashing boxes" are either upturned cardboard boxes with a little
doorway cut out or 1/2 a plastic carry cage.  These are simply put on a
few sheets of newspaper and the happy snacker can eat in privacy or hoard
for later.
http://ferretfair.com.au/showcontent.toy?contentnid=34664

Not all of my ferrets hoard, but some do.  Not all of my ferrets carry
their food away from the plate, but some do.  Even so, the paper can be
changed without drama so the ferrets and I are all happy.

Cheers,
Shirley