From:
Anonymous Poster <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
The Ferret Mailing List (FML)
Date:
Thu, 15 Sep 1994 17:08:18 EST
I'm always sad to read on the FML about the loss of someone's ferret. Here are
my favorite books for the death of a beloved animal: "I'll Always Love You" by
Hans Wilhelm and "Badger's Parting Gifts" by Susan Varley (this is also
suitable for the death of a person). Although these are children's books, they
each convey a wonderful message and I personally think they're good for adults,
too. They come in paperback and are quite inexpensive.

*****
To Gail re: oral rabies vaccine in NY. That is good news; they have started to
use it on Cape Cod as well though I haven't heard how it's working. We will
keep our fingers crossed.

*****
[Of course you all know what happens with ferrets and a door left slightly
open.]
Ralph and Norman have become quite good buddies now, playing and sleeping and
generally wreaking havoc together. The other morning I attempted to take out a
bag of garbage while simultaneously taking Max the dog out for a walk
(mistake). I had put down the garbage and opened the front door when along came
the dynamic duo who knocked over the garbage and then went dook-dooking out the
front door. As they ecstatically bounced up and down on the front stoop, I
picked up the garbage and tried to keep Max from running out as well. Could
mornings like this be part of the reason I am late for work?

--Cinderella, Norm & Ralph's mom in Massachusetts