From:
Anne Ryan <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 21 Oct 1997 07:43:58 -0400
I have an almost nine year old ferret who is enjoying good health (knock on
wood).  The legs seem a bit stiff with arthritis sometimes, the litter pan
"hit rate" has declined significantly, and he definitely sleeps more then
ever lately.

He sleeps in bed with us, and where he used to be at the foot of the bed, he
is now on my pillow on many nights.  He has begun to refuse to eat while in
a cage, so has been spending many of his days locked in my bedroom while I
am not home.

He has some mast cell tumors, a couple of which were biopsied last spring
and found to be benign.  He might have the beginnings of adrenal problems,
and who knows what else going on under there.  But at his age, you leave
things as they are.  He continues to have a quality of life and the energy
expected of a ferret his age.

He is Mambo, my first ferret.  He is a Marshall Farms Ferret.  Some have
seen him at a couple of shows- he is the black sable ferret that does the
"Stand Up, Roll Over" combination for a raisin treat.  He still does that
to beg for handouts from the dinner table.

-Anne