From:
Lisa Goggins <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 26 Oct 1999 17:11:30 EDT
Many thanks to all the people who were concerned about Otis woozle and his
mysterious ways.  I really appreciate all the ideas and suggestions.

I had a comment on all of the things that petco is doing wrong and how they
are mistreating thier animals.  I worked in a pet store(superpetz) for
about a year when I was a teen and I will never go in a petstore again.
I quit because I think I was the only person that cared about the animals
and I couldnt stand to deal with the abuse anymore that the animals were
recieving.  When an animal got sick it was wisked away to this room in the
back.  It was dark and cluttered with the stinch of dead animals.  These
animals were sent here to die.  Everyone just forgot about them in that
room.  I know you are wondering why I didnt do anything.  The manager
wouldnt let me, I was only a cashier.  I would of reported them but then I
realized that almost all chain petstores are this way.  These people simply
do not care about the animals.  The best advice I have is to just stay away
from these pet stores and buy online from the ferret store.  It is a really
sad thing that these animals are treated these way but they simply do not
care!  If they totally forget about the sick animals they are certainly not
going to provide water and the correct bedding for the other animals.
Again, they dont care.  I looked in the faces of many helpless and dying
animals when I worked there and even I could do nothing.  It still breaks
my heart to think about it and you really do have to speak up and say
something and then they tell you if you dont like it then leave!  Its just
not fair and the best advice I can give is to spare your heart the pain and
anger and DO NOT support these stores!

Lisa
A honkin hello from the ferts at the homestead, Claira and Otis!